Local Enterprise Offices were established across Ireland in April 2014, replacing the former County and City Enterprise Boards which had provided supports to businesses since 1994. The Local Enterprise Offices in Cavan and Sligo provide advice, information and support to business and start-ups, as part of a network of 31 dedicated teams across the Local Authority network in Ireland. We work with entrepreneurs, early-stage promoters, start-ups and expanding businesses.
Local Enterprise Offices (LEOs) are allocated exchequer funding, part of which is EU funding, by the Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation through Enterprise Ireland. Acting as “First Stop Shops” for anyone seeking information and support on starting or growing a business in Ireland, the Local Enterprise Offices in Cavan and Sligo implement measures to assist job sustainability and creation through the development of business know-how, efficiency, expertise and business-related infrastructure in their area. The LEOs also contribute at a broader level to economic and business development in the region.
The core economic services provided by the Local Enterprise Offices in Cavan and Sligo are:
- Business Information and Advisory Services;
- Enterprise Support and training and mentoring Services;
- Financial Supports for Small Enterprise
- Enterprise Education and Development of Entrepreneurial Culture
- Local Economic Development Services
- Networking and facilitating the development of sectoral expertise